Saturday, August 22, 2009

Clean Office


This may seem a mundane entry to some, but to me, it is worth it! When we had our carpet & floors replaced in December 2007, yes I said 2007, which makes it 20 months ago, I had every intention of cleaning out files and reorganizing our home office. The home office, which originally was Corey's room, then our gym, now the office/sports memorabilia room. Every time I had a free day, my fam would hear me say, "I think I'll work on the office today!" Did it ever get done - NOOOOO! As a matter of fact, it got worse. Well, about 2 months ago, I got out one of our tailgating tables and started sorting receipts and all sorts of crap that had piled up on the desk. That was 2 months ago and nothing else was done. It suddenly dawned on me last week that the UVA Home Opener against William & Mary is right around the corner (Saturday of Labor Day weekend) and we would need the tailgating table! Nothing like UVA football season to put things in perspective! (Some of you may recall that we bought our Mariner in August two years ago, also realizing football season was about to start and we needed something with more room to haul tailgating paraphenalia!!). So, I took Wed-Fri off this week and worked on the office Thurs & Friday, and put the finishing touches on today. It looks great and I actually know where everything is! I filled two big black garbage bags with files to be shredded (a truck comes to NG periodically and Bob brings anything we have to be shredded; our home shredder couldn't handle the load of 20 years worth of tax files - they have been in our file cabinet from 1985 the year we moved to our house!!!!!).

I think we should have a party to celebrate the opening of "The Office"!

No comments: